when he died it was uncanny Stillness that whatever would move

http://www.alansondheim.org/thestillness.jpg

Because he said or she said when they died or when she died or
when he died it was uncanny Stillness that whatever would move
him or her would from that point on and perhaps even earlier
These results of some external agency . There was nothing to the
gods or men . When they say a Stillness was perfect Did they
mean that sound was already imperfect something that would break
the Stillness or did they mean its sounded self was perfect and
Stillness smothered it . When they say the slightest movement ,
When they say the slightest movement To the left to the right As
one we're going down to the shore as she or he we're going down
to the shore with them and then beyond that they mean that's the
Stillness What's uncanny and Powerful like the gods and covered
him or her or them . Where did they mean that the sound Of the
shore and the boat Was not only breaking Stillness but
shattering it and covering that with the noise of Eternity .
When they say they were speaking Did they mean he was speaking
or she was speaking or they were speaking and to whom and where
their answers and from home . Was just speaking breaking the
silence or did Silence break into speech and create a Stillness
as if he or she or they were by the shore or no longer moving
unless moved by the shore . Moved by the wind . Moved by the
waves . When they say what they said Was anyone listening What's
the listening covering and excluding the sound was a sound
occluding and covering what they were saying . Was what they
were saying the silence And the sound of silence itself was what
no one was saying what was what was being said . What's uncanny
and Powerful is what's uncanny and Powerful And what that would
be would be the proper name Which covers everything occludes
everything includes everything covers everything And lends
itself to a silence which is the only thing that is speaking
Enumerating Itself by the creation of numbers in silence as if
they were down a deep well up a high tower down that deep well
up a high tower . Who were they when they came Who were they
when they left . Those who came and those who last spoke among
themselves And they said who were they when they came Who were
they when they left . Who were they when they came who were they
when they left . Now I tell you and I tell you And I am talking
to the silence /

/ Because I cannot finish this Because I'm not saying anything
Because I'm suddenly sounding like a school child trying to
write an essay And make as much sound as she or he or they could
On the Blackboard or on the desk with The Inkwell while they
were attempting to speak and swallowing swallowing their words .
And now I say that's swallowing where they say that's swallowing
or she says that's swallowing where he says that swallowing is
all there will be a motion because he or she Or they or I am
gone or he or she or they were I am gone Or he or she or they
where I am gone when I am gone