Hiya,

Last week we heard from approximately 40 people (including a number of
private emails).
I just send a fresh renewal message and will do this for the next 2
weekends.

It's fascinating to learn more about the lives, thought and work being done
by old comrades, and list lurkers and to hear about how they relate to this
social space and the work of dedicated contributors :)

I'd really enjoy meeting in a VR setting Mez - nice call! I agree with Alan
and Paul that it would make sense to choose a place where people can join
with either monitors or goggles.

I  am late to the "VR party" but recently started playing with VRChat (a
highly programmable VR space) with friend and collaborator Cade Diehm (of
the Para-real series <https://stream.undersco.re/  >).

I hear you Paul in your desire to see people's faces and at the same time
one of the things I really enjoy about VR, after a pandemic year in
jitsi/zoom/teams is the freedom to give my face a rest. Also the ability to
escape the world of heads floating in rectangles to play with the virtual
physics of social space.

Look forward to seeing what happens :)

Warmly
Ruth

--
Ruth Catlow
she/her

*I will only agree to speak at events that are racially and gender
balanced.

**sending thanks
<https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-newsroom/press-releases/2019/november/think-before-you-thank-if-every-brit-sent-one-less-thank-you-email-a-day-we-would-save-16433-tonnes-of-carbon-a-year-the-same-as-81152-flights-to-madrid.html>
in
advance

*Furtherfield *disrupts and democratises art and technology through
exhibitions,
labs & debate, for deep exploration, open tools & free thinking.
furtherfield.org <http://www.furtherfield.org/>

*DECAL* Decentralised Arts Lab is an arts, blockchain & web 3.0 technologies
research hub

decal.is <http://www.decal.is>

Registered business address: Carbon Accountancy, 80-83 Long Lane, London,
EC1A 9ET.