Nepali sarangi, snow (for Connie Bostic, rest in peace)

https://youtu.be/sf8rPD4y0FQ video

four strings in three courses, amazing instrument related to the
sarinda. only recently could i play it at all. the strings meet
at a point, the distance between them is small even at the upper
end, three of them may be badminton strings, the fourth is
metal, and carries most of the melody, the bow is very thin (at
least on mine), a bookseller had it on her desk and knew little
about it, it hung on her wall, the bridge is angled, there are
some examples of the music online, the sarangi is very very
responsive, i use a heavy rosin, on youtube you can find more
traditional playing of course, i even found examples of the
pithkiavlin at one point there, everything is there, nothing is
there, we are there, sooner or later my music will crash and
burn and we hope these instruments survive, it was very cheap,
it's been well-played, not a tourist sarangi, and now i play and
perhaps we listen to the war no longer war but wars and i fear
for everything and just now through the walls here a woman
picking up her violin from years ago and playing again, not very
well, she works in blogging i think, it was snowing out a few
minutes ago and the sky is dark, paris st-germain is ahead, it's
half-time, i am reminded of Joyce's The Dead, i write no longer,
i am bad at life, better with music, best in silence and

_