The question is this: is the mailing list - in general - dead? Are we permanently within Fb, Instagram, Twitter, whatever, for that matter - all of these are in flux, stream, imminence, continuous transformation etc. With lists, there's the possibility of return, of reconsideration, saving, of writing as an obscuration that may inhibit fast consumption - of writing that may operate as a _sign_ of a different sort. Mailing lists are used obviously in academia; they seem devoid of interest or audience otherwise...

Just curious - since this list, Netbehaviour - is that in a sense - how A Picture of Writing and does the Net behave? How do we behave within and without the Net? Does "Net" even make sense as a category at this point?

- Alan

___

A Picture of Writing

This is not writing. This is a picture of writing. There's
nothing to be read in this picture of writing. A picture of
writing is a picture. It is not writing. If this were writing it
would be _just that_ but look it it - it's not! This is a
mistake that people make _confronting Wittgenstein_ for example.
Or so-called "collaborations" that I have made "with people."
They attempt to "read" them as you may be tempted to "read"
this. But clearly _there is nothing to read._ How do you know?
Because this is a _picture_ and I do not want to repeat myself
because that would make the picture _bigger._ I do NOT want this
picture to be bigger. This picture is _already big enough._ Okay
take the "Bible" (convention implies capitals). People "read"
the "Bible" but: _there is nothing to read._ It is a very big
picture of writing.

If you "read" this you are making a very big mistake. This is a
PICTURE of writing.

__