OTOH,

Isn't this very similar to what "mp3 search" (wink, wink) engines
like screemr, elbo.ws, and hypem do? I believe most of them allow you
to play multimedia content without actually accessing the site where
it's hosted. (And, of course, download them; I hear hypem are about
to launch a Premium Service, where you actually get to watch video
streams of the artists' children starving, in real time! ;-)

The reason dizzler might be so self-conscious about might be because
of the recent scuffle between news companies and Google News, who
were doing something equivalent with their articles.

I think this is a complex issue, and I'm finding it hard to pass a
judgment on it. It also seems fairly typical of the whole "semantic
web" hysteria. I mean, my own blog is "syndicated" via inline RSS
aggregators to my pages in at least two social networks. Now, I don't
think I can legally stop anyone from doing the same on their own
site. After all, I am consciously and intentionally offering an RSS
feed.

It's making me think of radio broadcasting. I mean, you might have
legal and moral grounds to say "Please, don't tape this". But it
would be ridiculous to ask people not to listen to your broadcast on
S*ny radios, for example, or not to do it on mono receivers.

It all has to do with publishing as in "making public".

Kamen

http://www.waitingforcargo.net