THE THURSDAY CLUB PROUDLY PRESENTS

Igor Štromajer &
Ballettikka Internettikka [Internet Ballet]

Ben Pimlott lecture theatre, Ben Pimlott Building
Thursday 18th February 2010 from 6.30-8.30pm

Ballettikka Internettikka (Igor Štromajer and Brane Zorman) is the
umbrella name for a series of tactical art projects which began in 2001
with the exploration of Internet ballet. It explores wireless Internet
ballet performances combined with guerrilla tactics and mobile live
Internet broadcasting strategies. Igor will discuss some of these projects
as outlined below www.intima.org/bi
::

"We shall fight them on the beaches. We shall fight them on the landing
grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight
in the hills. We shall never surrender."
(W. Churchill)

 From 2001 to 2009 twenty different Ballettikka Internettikka actions have
been performed:

• Net Ballet – Internet, 2001
• Ballet Net – The Bolshoi Theatre, Moscow, Russia, 2002
• M-III Robot Ballet – Bergen International Theatre, Bergen, Norway, 2003
• BRVI – Ballettikka RealVideo Internettikka – Television Slovenia -
Cultural Program, U3, 2003
• Autto Mobillikka – Ljubljana Motorway Ring, Slovenia, 2003
• Illegallikka Robottikka – Teatro alla Scala, Milan, Italy, 2004
• BEO Guerrillikka – National Theatre, Belgrade, Serbia, 2005
• VolksNetBallet – Volksbühne, Berlin, Germany, 2006
• Commerciallikka – Internet / Heineken Draughtkeg, 2007/2008
• Portraits – Internet, 2007
• Aeronauttikka – Internet, 2007
• RenminNetBallet – Hong Kong City Hall, 2007
• Stattikka – CYNETart, Trans-Media-Akademie Hellerau, Dresden, Germany,
2007
• Olymppikka – Internet, Fire Polygon, 2008
• Religgikka – Internet, 2008
• SubAquattikka – Internet, 2008
• Hydraullikka – Plaza del Rey, Madrid, Spain, 2008
• Intermenttikka – Total Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul, Korea, 2008
• Norddikka – Svalbard, Norway, Arctic Ocean, 2008/2009
• Nipponnikka – Minami Torishima, Japan, Pacific Ocean, 2009

Ballettikka Internettikka uses impossible connections to develop the
possible strategies of resistance and disobedience. The project
participates in the already existing protocols of communication, yet
without being servile to these protocols, it opens up links between
emotionality and technology, production and ethics, desire and
organization, imagination and institution. The distribution of politics
and intimacy without any reason and purpose, with the use of limited,
defined, and controlled protocols is a dystopia and an unsubmissive revolt
to the world of capital, which can be disarmed only by the use of its own
tactics.

Ballettikka Internettikka is a co-production of Intima Virtual Base and
Cona 2001–2009 and Aksioma 2003.
Theoretical Adviser: Bojana Kunst
Spatial Adviser: Irena Pivka

In the years 2001–2009 the project was financially supported by the
Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Slovenia, the Ministry of Culture
of the Kingdom of Spain, the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of
Serbia, Norsk Kulturfond, Arts Council Korea, Hong Kong Arts Development
Council, Hong Kong Cultural Service Department, the Municipality of
Madrid, the Municipality of Dresden, the Municipality of Belgrade, the
Municipality of Ljubljana, Epson.

The work of Ballettikka Internettikka is also featured in and essay by
Bojana Kunst published in the volume Interfaces of Performance now
available from
Ashgate Publishing (edited by Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka Maria X]
(University of Hull),
Janis Jefferies (Goldsmiths, University of London) and Rachel Zerihan
(Queen Mary,
University of London))

For more information on how to get to Goldsmiths:
http://www.gold.ac.uk/find-us/

--
Maria Chatzichristodoulou [aka maria x] PhD Art and Computational Technologies
Goldsmiths Digital Studios skype: mariax_gr www.cybertheater.org