IFor anyone who is also a comedya fan out there, like myself (to the degree
that every performance I see undergoes a critical analysis that wouldn't be
out of place in a study guide to Hamlet), I'm interested in how comedians
are proactively engaged with social media to reach audiences and engage with
people to a degree that many writers and artists haven't even mastered yet,
you might be interested in this interview with Richard Herring and Marc
Maron.

In it, they discuss the advantages that producing hours of content has over
paid content and how podcasts and not being hung up on support from the
traditional media establishments such as the BBC can still lead to paid work
and creative freedom.

http://news.scotsman.com/entertainment/Comics-Richard-Herring-and-Marc.6146148.jp