Strange that there is not a single artist (that I recognise) mentioned in the
committees. What do they mean by the "arts" and in what sense are they "working
for the artists"?

best

Simon

On 19 Sep 2012, at 12:49, Diego Bernini wrote:

> Third International Conference on Arts and Technology -
> ArtsIT 2013 – Working for the Artists
> March 21-23 2013
> University of Milano-Bicocca, DISCo, Milan, Italy
> www.artsit.org
>
> HIGHLIGHTS
>
> - Academic call of papers & specific, free of charge exhibition session
> - The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation
> (http://eai.eu/), a leading community-based organisation devoted to the
> advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
> - All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available
> through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific
> libraries
>
> CALL FOR PAPERS
>
> Scope
>
> ArtsIT is meant to be a place where people in arts, with a keen interest in
> modern IT technologies, meet with people in IT, having strong ties to arts in
> their works. Now in its third edition, ArtsIT has become a leading scientific
> forum for dissemination of cutting-edge research results in the area of Arts,
> Design & Technology.
> The Milano event will bring together leading researchers and practitioners
> from academia, arts and industry to present their innovative work and discuss
> all aspects and challenges in a stimulating environment. The event aims to
> foster trans-disciplinary alliances and co-operation between IT researchers,
> artists and industry members as well as to offer artists novel creative tools
> that expand the grammar of the traditional arts.
> The main focus of this edition is working for the artists: presenting tools,
> systems, models, artworks/performances/shows, empirical studies that may
> enrich the possibilities for artists and creative people with working with
> new media technologies.
>
> Topics
>
> The call for papers is aimed at people across a wide spectrum of interests
> and disciplines including computer science, design, arts, sociology,
> anthropology, psychology.
> We cordially invite prospective authors to submit unpublished research papers
> with novel contributions in the following areas:
> - Interactive Art (innovative interactive installations)
> - Augmented Performing Arts (innovative performances and shows enhanced by
> ICT technologies)
> - Multimedia (Integration of different media, such as virtual reality
> systems, audio, performing arts, etc.)
> - New Media Technologies (innovative systems/frameworks/tools for creating
> augmented artworks and performances, such as tracking sensors, wearable
> computers, animation techniques, etc.)
> - Ethnography studies about the artistic practice finalized to build pattern
> languages for Human Computer Interaction
>
> Publications
>
> Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will appear
> in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers
> [...]

Simon Biggs
si...@littlepig.org.uk http://www.littlepig.org.uk/ @SimonBiggsUK skype:
simonbiggsuk

s.bi...@ed.ac.uk Edinburgh College of Art, University of Edinburgh
http://www.eca.ac.uk/circle/  http://www.elmcip.net/
http://www.movingtargets.org.uk/
MSc by Research in Interdisciplinary Creative Practices
http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/postgraduate/degrees?id=656&cw_xml=details.php