See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsive_web_design

The latest version of Dreamweaver has a number of these templates built into it.

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:46:22 +0000
From: Pollie Barden <pab...@gmail.com>
Subject: [NetBehaviour] Anyone used Phonegap for android tablet or
    iPad development? Screen sizing issues?
To: ITP Alumni <itp-alu...@lists.nyu.edu>, itp-l...@lists.twsu.co,
    NetBehaviour for networked distributed creativity
    <netbehaviour@netbehaviour.org>

Hi,

I am looking at phonegap to prototype an app for my research. In reading up
on it I see on issue for andriod tablets is the scaling of interface on the
tablet. From what I read it seems people have a problem getting it to go
full screen on the tablet. Most of what I have seen is a year old but I
can't find recent references to whether still and issue or not. I was
wondering it anyone had run into this with their development. I am looking
to have the app run on both phone and tablet platform. The full screen is
important because the tablet is for older people to use.

If you have used phone gap, have you found it easier to got ipad/iphone
route?
I have budget of 1000 for research supplie. I was looking android since I
could 4 android tablets vs 2 ipads. For a slightly larger pilot study, and
hopefully get more funding when can demo benefit. I would like to get alpha
up for testing quickly so if looking for advice if anyone has found if ipad
or android easier to play with. Specially to to screen sizing across
phone/tablet platforms.

I would be developing in html,css,javascript, etc...and using phone gap to
bundle it.
Or if you have recommendations for another phonegap like system?

Context if it helps.

I am working with Organization called GoodGym. http://www.goodgym.org/ The
core component. Is runners once a week run to visit an older person. The
idea is the runner is motivated to run once a week and older person gets a
visit.

None of our older people use computers or smartphones. I am looking a
introducing a tablet, as the GoodGym tool that is similar to digital
picture frame. The goal to help remind that runner is coming to visit and
show progress to arrival.  Just a simple interface of the runner's picture,
date of next visit, and when the runner starts running. They can hit start
on their phone and then the tablet for the older person counts down the
minutes to their arrive.  runner hits end when they arrive.

Any advice or guidance on any part is welcome and will be helpful and
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Pollie
--