"c...@lab404.com" wrote Saturday, 30 March 2013:

>Here is a short thing I wrote on lying:
http://www.terminalapsu.org/2013/03/30/on-lying/

Curt,

You're in very good company...

Art is a lie that makes us realize truth, at least the truth that is given us
to understand. The artist must know the manner whereby to convince others of
the truthfulness of his lies. If he only shows in his work that he has
searched, and researched, for the way to put over lies, he would never
accomplish anything. (Pablo Picasso)

The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you're an artist. (Max
Jacob)

If the quote of Picasso is true, does a better liar make a better artist? (Les
Ducak)

Cinema is the most beautiful fraud in the world. (Jean-Luc Godard)

He who knows a thousand works of art knows a thousand frauds. (Horace)

What is acting but lying and what is good acting but convincing lying? (Sir
Laurence Olivier)

Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of art. (Oscar
Wilde)

Everything that deceives may be said to enchant. (Plato)

I mean, all art in some ways is a lie. It looks like a picture of something,
but it isn't that thing, it's a representation of that thing... (Michael
Kimmelman)

The bird of truth would not be able to fly if it weren't for the air of lies we
breathe. (Eugene J. Martin)

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived.
(Niccolo Machiavelli)

Fake is as old as the Eden tree. (Orson Welles)

Bob