Copy That! "They Are the World"

For the new Art21 Magazine, (Oct/Nov Issue: "Becoming an Artist"), Joy
Garnett launches her new column with some thoughts on copying and
archival tendencies in the 21st century.

"I sometimes forget that my students have always lived with digital
media, not to mention with the ethos of information sharing that digital
technologies engender. As digital natives, they were born at or after
the onset of digital mainstream culture. They have never experienced a
world before laptops, personal computers, and smartphones. They have
never traveled abroad without the convenience of ATMs or booked a flight
without the ability to check-in online and print their e-tickets. They
have probably never received paper bills for their credit cards, and
they don’t use stamps. They have never lived outside the network or off
the grid; the grid is the air around them."

http://networkedblogs.com/PSJmY