Dear friends:

The Design and Performance Lab (DAP) is pleased to announce that its wearable
designs, created by Michèle Danjoux,  have been featured on BBC World Service,
in a special edition of the programme 'Click" from the BBC's radio theatre at
7pm (live) on 25 February.  This is an hour long programme looking at aspects
of wearable technology, including DAP-Lab, Atau Tanaka, Cute Circuit, Google,
etc. ...    podcast is here:   http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/digitalp

Then we will have films exhibited at

JAMarrama,  28th February 2014. 7pm-11pm

MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art Australia),

140 George Street

The Rocks, Sidney    NSW 2000, Australia

curated by Chicks on Speed

and our dance film "Lung Pulmo Pneumo"  in an installation at

Cinedans // Dance on Screen Festival,  12-16 March, 2014

The Eye,

Amsterdam

The Netherlands

http://cinedans.nl/home

The forthcoming premiere of our new dance opera, "for the time being" [Victory
over the Sun] will take place at Lilian Baylis Theatre/Sadlers Wells on April 3
and 4.

Please, come and join us for one of the performances in the upcoming period:

for the time being  [Victory over the Sun]

a choreosonic dance work

by  DAP LAB

directed by Johannes Birringer & Michèle Danjoux

Thursday & Friday, April 3 - 4, 2014

7:45  pm

Lilian Baylis Studio, Sadler's Wells

Tickets: £ 13.00 / £ 11.00 (concession)

How to book:

Online: www.brunel.ac.uk/dap<http://www.brunel.ac.uk/dap>

In person:  Sadlers Wells    Rosebery Ave, EC1R 4TN

Ticket office:   0844 412 4300

https://tickets.sadlerswells.com/performances.asp?SHOid=1320

DAP-Lab ensemble returns to Sadler's Wells with "for the time being," a
choreosonic dance work which  explores the sound of movement  in a performance
inspired by the Russian Futurist opera "Victory over the Sun" (1913) and its
fantastical visual designs.  Taking a contemporary slant on the 'Futurian'
world imagined by this astonishing multimedia work of the early twentieth
century, the maverick ensemble of the DAP-Lab performs its unique blend of
design, choreography and live music in an intimate chamber work that looks at
the fragmented  home of our precarious existence in a world full of outworn
clichés of revolutions.

Stage direction by Johannes Birringer

Fashion design concepts and art design by Michèle Danjoux

Featuring:  Yiorgos Bakalos,  Manaskarn Insang, Yoko Ishiguro,  Ross Jennings,
Aggeliki Margeti, Vanessa Michielon,  Helenna Ren, Caroline Wilkins
(performers)

Live sound processing and music by Oliver Doyle & Caroline Wilkins;
Audiophonics design by Michèle Danjoux, Graphics/Kinect interface design by
Cameron McKirdy, Electronics and sound by John Richards, Videography by
Johannes Birringer, Lighting by Maria Alves; Technical operations by Elliott
O'Brart, Special Light/Sound Effects by Aleksandar Tomic.

This project is supported by a grant for METABODY: Media Embodiment Tekhne and
Bridges of Diversity (EU Culture Program)  and The Centre for Contemporary and
Digital Performance at Brunel University, London.

Website:  http://people.brunel.ac.uk/dap/

http://www.dance-tech.net/events/for-the-time-being-victory-over-the-sun

For further information or photos, call +44 (0)1895 267 343

we would be happy to welcome you on one of the occasions.

Warm regards

jb