dear all

new media/digital art as "outsider art"?
"This book reviews that issue in depth, as it explores some of the historical,
sociological and conceptual reasons for the weirdly under-recognized, even
marginalized, position of the digital within recent art history"
... unwarranted tactical minorization of art and technology within a
technological society has been the dominant trend..."

must admit this is all news to me, and probably to most of you?
in my book, new media arts had been doing just fine in the these past years, not
something one would need to worry too much about, as it is everywhere.

I wonder what the Quaranta book is trying to stake out, or what windmills
its Quixote approach is riding against. Not clear to me.

regards
Johannes Birringer

++++

On 2 May 2014 11:50, marc garrett