I welcome a conversation around this idea of the studio as system: do
artists still tend to work in a hermetically sealed studio environmentŠ or
are we moving towards a more open system of connection and communication
as integral to the studio act? This was the call-to-action in the 1970s
around conceptual or post-studio art: how is this idea of openness revised
today in the context of the network?