Thanks Randall,

I have a (pipe) dream that before I die I will get a playdamage show at the
guggenheim, with 100+ monitors and directional speakers going all the way up,
one for each playdamage.

During the show in the atrium I will do an on-site residency for a month where
I am there all day long making 1 playdamage per day, and each day the new one
gets added to the wall and the web site.

Since that’s not going to happen, maybe it will have to happen in a less
rarified space with fewer hardware requirements. Or the usual way >> at my
house + online.

//////

There is a thing that started in chicago called “no media” which is like
improvisational audio/video live performance, but without any software or
settings prepared. So you build your performance on the fly. Also related, I
like this show (
http://archive.renaissancesociety.org/site/Exhibitions/Images.Joelle-Tuerlinckx-Chicago-Studies-Les-etants-donnes.56.html
 ) where she just makes her installations from materials available in the
museum offices. So I  like the idea of a site-specific process constraint where
you wouldn’t use any source material from the internet or come with any source
material prepared on your hard drive; all your a/v source materials would have
to be captured from your physical production space, or generated on your
machine, and then of course further modulated in the machine, to ultimately
arrive on the wall/network.

//////

The video source for the two playdamages below is cell phone video of our
upstairs bathroom wall with shadows through the window of distant bradford pear
trees blowing in the wind at dusk. And both audios are from the same Yes song.

Best from Asheville,
Curt