On 28/07/15 06:15 AM, { brad brace } wrote:

> "Some years ago, the elements (ideas, conceptions, practices, people)
> that compose the current (so-called) Free Culture movement were
> appropriated by the bureaucrat and the capitalist.

Reading this, I thought it would be about a decade old but it's from
2009 or so?

> The ones that made
> use of the technologies and available media to the creation of actions
> that provided the debate on new perspectives of possible social
> arrangements (obtained by tools such as free licenses, networks of
> communication, open source software), are today digested by the old
> apparatuses and social mechanisms that once they have used and
> questioned.

They have achieved remarkable success in the *limited domain* that they
chose.

> They participated, many times unconsciously, in a
> "socio-professional training�" in order to occupy the same functions
> established for the maintainers of a system that is distant from what we
> imagine as a possible human grouping, even more distanced from freedom."

They succeeded at reform rather than failing at revolution.

That's worthwhile or damning to the extent that one's politics determine
it. :-)