Thanks Alan,

I'm going to try my best to be extra positive whilst not denying the
underlying contexts and issues of life - which means, build into all into
one's everyday praxis ;-)

wishing you well.

marc

On 5 January 2016 at 14:09, Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com> wrote:

> Wonderful and hopeful post as well, and let's hope for a really creative
> year, perhaps the level of aggression around the world will decrease...
>
> love to everyone, and thanks to everyone so much for this list and
> Furtherfield!
>
> - Alan
>

> On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, marc garrett wrote:
>
> Hi Netbehaviourists,
>>
>> For many, 2015 was a terrible year in many ways.
>>
>> Close friends and family can help us through tough times. However, it?s
>> also
>> important to recognize those others whom make like worth living also,
>> offering quality in life and hope.
>>
>> I propose that many on this list have been just brilliant doing their
>> thing
>> in diverse ways. And yes, it gives me hope, alongside working with some
>> amazing soulful individuals and groups over the years and recently.
>>
>> So thank you,
>>
>> Thank you too all those who?ve trusted who we are, and been with us for a
>> long
>> period of time and also those of you who?ve recently joined us, and wish
>> carry on collaborating in building something special that challenges the
>> usual top-down, elite systems across art culture, techno-culture and
>> academia.
>>
>> We may not be perfect, but we're trying our best and it has not been easy
>> as
>> many of you know. Yet, we always actively try and take on what people have
>> said, whatever position, class, race or gender. Unlike some other groups
>> out
>> there, we've stuck to our guns while also adapting, and remaining grounded
>> whilst being fresh and relevant. In fact, we?ve managed to continue a
>> strong
>> dedication to our shared values, humanity and respect for the world we
>> live
>> in, and our artistic contexts, ethics and socially informed intentions, in
>> spite of the everyday pressures of neo-liberalism.
>>
>> So, as long as you?re all still here doing what you do with us, there?s
>> hope and
>> reason for us to continue?
>>
>> Wishing you all well.
>>
>> Let's see this how this year unfolds :-)
>>
>> marc
>>

> ==
> email archive http://sondheim.rupamsunyata.org/
> web http://www.alansondheim.org / cell 718-813-3285
> music: http://www.espdisk.com/alansondheim/
> current text http://www.alansondheim.org/tp.txt
> ==

Marc Garrett
Co-Founder, Co-Director and main editor ofFurtherfield.

Furtherfield - A living, breathing, thriving network
http://www.furtherfield.org - for art, technology and social change since
1997

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons,
Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQ