Hi all
the college where I teach has enthusiastically taken to heart the government's
Islamophobic "prevent" strategy. Last week they made it compulsory for every
further education student to attend ( and I am not making this up) a puppet
show about "prevent" and put pressure on HE lecturers to pressure their
students to attend.

In response I sent I sent a carefully worded e mail to our management and
copied in the UCUĀ  ( the lecturers union) membership and my students too, whom
I regard, perhaps unfashionably, as being capable of making their own minds up
about things.
I have now been summoned to a meeting with HR and a senior manager.
I am chronicling events on Flickr. I would really appreciate support - at the
moment simply in terms of favouriting and commenting upon the posts but it
could well come to some sort of campaign if they attempt to discipline me.
Here's my original email:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/szpako/26601297832/

and here's the latest exchange:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/szpako/26716002535/