Mysticism of Ossi the Cat

http://www.alansondheim.org/OssitheCat13.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/huda.mp3
http://www.alansondheim.org/OssitheCat17.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/OssitheCat06.jpg
http://www.alansondheim.org/OssitheCat14.jpg

Ossi Oswalda died a year ago January 25th. She has left us two
uncanny signs; we have no explanation for either.

The first sign. She was a tortoise-shell, had one white whisker,
which fell out and grew back every so often. We always wanted
one, but never could find it afterwards. But then she died, and
after our trip this summer, Azure opened a box we hadn't touched
since we moved to Providence three years ago.

On top of everything in the box was one of her white whiskers.

The second sign. On January 25th, we lit a Yarhzeit memorial
candle for Ossi the Cat. We've used these several hundred times
over the years. When we woke the next morning, we found the
candle had 'exploded,' and the wick with the wick mount was
blown out of the glass and onto the ceramic counter. There were
small pieces of carbon everywhere. We could have had a major
fire on our hands of course. We're certain Ossi was sending us a
message. She was a feral cat, and we think she still is, and
still is speaking to us.

The music is for Ossi and you, the images speak for themselves.

Brought to you by companions of Ossi the Cat, may she rest in
peace.

- Alan and Azure

*/PLEASE GO OUT AND PROTEST TOMORROW!/*