Hi Annie,

I appreciate both this and your previous post on Agency Art <https://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/agency-art/>very much. I have yet to properly read the two articles you shared. You asked in your previous email, why Agency Art had not gained more traction. At first scan I think that the practices of Agency Art are full of riches but the name has unfortunate connotations in relation to commercial culture - if you search the term online it returns pages of links to advertising agencies.

I especially appreciate how Barad's intra-action offers a new way to think about how new groups and exclusions are established and reveals how difference get made and unmade. It also suggests to me that we can take the effect on viewers/audiences as part of the materials of the work (in this way it moves on the thinking suggested by 'Agency Art' which separates the artistic intention from the effect).

Also very timely,

I will spend more time with this stuff Annie.

Thank you

Ruth