Thanks for asking Alan.

This attack happened last night at Finsbury Park Mosque which is about 100 yards from Furtherfield Commons.

Some people drove a van into a group of late night worshippers as they left the mosque. One of the attackers was apprehended and held by the group until the police arrived.

Last year Park Theatre (local partners of ours) commissioned a playwrite to worked directly with the mosque to produce the Hurling Rubble <https://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/hurling-rubble-at-the-moon-hurling-rubble-at-the-sun> plays about how extremist violence grows. We hosted ourSuperdiversity exhibition <http://furtherfield.org/programmes/superdiversity-picturing-finsbury-park> this spring in which Katherine Stansfeld an artist and cultural geographer brought together more than 50 different perspectives of lives lived in the area. This area is bold in its expression of difference - its value and its difficulties - we love it.

We have yet to hear from our local friends. I'm heading up there now - full of sorrow.

~
Ruth