From: ASV <a...@inhio.eu> [131030 12:42]
    Hi everyone,
    I'm newbie with NetBSD (few days) but worked with FreeBSD and OpenBSD
    for long now.
    I've a stupid question: I've used pkgsrc for the first time and after
    compiling and installing everything (successfully) I see that startup
    scripts of the installed services are somehow "stuck" into

    /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d

    which looks a bit odd to me.
    As in FBSD all the installed ones would go to /usr/local/etc/rc.d I'm
    asking if the place where those scripts are now

    /usr/pkg/share/examples/rc.d

    is where they're supposed to be or I should manually copy/link them
    on /etc/rc.d ???

    Thanks in advance.

Yes, that's the idea of it - the ../examples.rc.d files are just a
model, how they should appear in /etc/rc.d. After installation they
should be copied over and sometimes need some little change.

Some are for /etc/rc.d, some for the /home/user directories.

They have no function as long they reside in the examples directory.

Cheers
herb langhans