On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 6:52 AM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <da...@netbsd.org> wrote:

> I have decided to give up on pf after banging my head against the wall
> (and the OBSD mailing list) and try npf but I can't figure out the
> syntax.  I followed the example at http://www.netbsd.org/~rmind/npf/
> but I keep getting errors when I validate.  I reduced npf.conf to the
> following two lines:
>
> table <friends> type tree file "/VEX/general/pf/friends.list"
> table <enemies> type tree file "/VEX/general/pf/enemies.list"
>
> This gives me this error:
>
> # npfctl validate
> npfctl: table '0' is already defined
>
> If I remove one line I get this:
>
> # npfctl validate
> table <0> type tree
>
> If I put the full file and comment out the table lines I get this:
>
> # npfctl validate
> /etc/npf.conf:11:3: syntax error near 'alg'
>
> I am using the example config almost verbatim except for the table
> names and file paths.
>
> What am I missing here?

No help unfortunately, I"m just here to say I'm having similar issues. I've
seen the npfctl error as well.

I had some other problems so I decided to see if I could start by blocking
all traffic. I'm trying to get a very simple rule to work:

block in final from 0.0.0.0/0

And it doesn't. Obviously I'm missing something very fundamental and I
haven't found it in the documentation yet. Maybe I have to use a table?

Frustrating.

Andy