On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon <t...@panix.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 12:59:14PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
>>
>> If you can use serial instead of VGA and don't mind running -current,
>> the ERLITE Edge Router 3 is a more or less plug & play solution (though
>> from a NetBSD POV not 100% finished and stable yet, but getting better
>> quickly).
>
> Interestingly, this particular ERLITE hardware is nearly identical to the
> control plane of several low-end models of Juniper firewalls and switches,
> for example the SRX2xx.  I keep meaning to try to boot NetBSD on one of
> those -- they are getting agreeably cheap.

I see there are a few kernel configs for MikroTik routerboards. Does
anyone know if the newer stuff works? They are MIPS. There is one that
has wifi and is about $22 before shipping. They support netbooting
using the external reset button.

Only 32 megs of memory though, but it might work for basic stuff.

Andy