On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 09:57:12AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 01:16:35AM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> > A Vague memory from the distant past suggests that the thing to try
> > is to move aside the .mozilla directory, and allow the new firefox
> > to start in a completely clean environment.
>
> Yes, this is a generic "firefox shows strange symptoms" debuggin advice.
>
> Alternatively you can run: firefox -P
> and create a brand new profile for testing. If that works better, something
> in your old profile is broken.

AND: remove and rebuild your fontconfig related directories.

> Also testin without any plugins/addons is always a good idea.

Another tip: I think I've needed to manipulate the stack limits in the
past, to make firefox run. Too big stack was bad, because threading
allocated multiple versions of it. Don't know if this is still
relevant - my current login.conf on a related machine has stacksize-cur=4M

        -is