On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 04:32:02PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> > - Can the native cgd of NetBSD be used for the purpose of encrypted
> >   backup? Basically can I mount such filesystem in a way that it shows
> >   encrypted files?
> >

> I use cgd(4) devices for encrypted backup.

Ok, you mean, I can mount it such that it shows encrypted files?

And are the changes to files incremental (not necessarily one one one for
encryption reasons), so that rsync can be effectively used for backup over
cloud? (i.e. the amount of data movement when using rsync is somewhat - if
not exactly - proportional to amount of change since last backup.)

Alternatively one could backup the virtual file, but that's not so useful
for cloud backup.

Mayuresh.