On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:36 PM, Jeff Rizzo <r...@tastylime.net> wrote:

> No;  can't ping the gateway.  The packets (near as I can tell) don't appear
> to be leaving the host; I *think* I've got it set up OK, but unlike my other
> setups, I don't have a convenient host on the same LAN to check.  :)
>
> So, no- DNS lookups not happening either.   I've probably just missed
> something obvious, though it *seems* to be set up like the others.

I haven't actually done that much IPv6 stuff on NetBSD, I'm mostly
doing it on network equipment so I can only give generic advice.

Check the routing table.

Check ifconfig <device> to see if there is an address on there you are
expecting.

How are you setting it up? SLAAC? If so, wireshark it looking for
router advertisements, ensure they are coming from where you expect.
It's possible you're getting autoconfig information from a bogus
router.

If it's DHCPv6 or static, look for the normal problems.

Just the normal stuff. Maybe you already know this.

Sounds like it could be a real bug in the virtual adapter though.

Andy