Hi All,

I hope someone can give an answer to this question from a newbie: how can I
handle situations when an already installed package (say A) needs to be
upgraded due to a newly installed package (say B) as it's being a dependency
for it but another already installed package (say C) still needs the older
version of package A? Upgrading package C may be thought of as help but it
disappeared from the 7.1 package repo and as far as I could see it was last
present in 7.0_2017Q1.

If anyone is interested in the details, package A is icu, package B is
seamonkey and package C is midori. What I did for now was that I changed
/usr/pkg/etc/pkgin/repositories.conf so that it points to 7.0_2017Q1 and
installed seamonkey from that repo as the versions are not that different
(seamonkey-2.46nb7 in 7.0_2017Q1 and seamonkey-2.46nb8 in 7.1) and it left icu
untouched. By the way, what kind of difference is indicated by the number in
the 'nb<number>' suffix? Another question would be if it's possible to keep
different versions of a package installed? I know in case of shared libs it may
be tricky because of the symlinks but the runtime linker is not looking for the
symlink I hope but the versioned soname, right? Any hints are welcome!

Best regards,
r0ller