On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 8:46 PM, Gua Chung Lim <gua.chung...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scarcely, ping6 works at the first boot, while ping (IPv4) always works
> pretty fine. Mostly, I have to disconnect and re-connect the network 3-4
> times to have ping6 work. I haven't encountered this issue on netbsd-7.
>
> Related lines in /etc/rc.conf...
> # auto_ifconfig=YES
> #wpa_supplicant=YES
> #wpa_supplicant_flags="-i iwm0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"
> ip6mode="autohost"
> dhcpcd=YES
> dhcpcd_flags="-t 0"     # -b
> #ifconfig_wm0=dhcp
>
> I don't know where I shall investigate.
> Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
>
> * Gua Chung Lim (gua.chung...@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using NetBSD 8.0 for a few days.
>> I found some inconsistency.
>> Sometimes I cannot ping6 anywhere.
>> But many times I can, and without touching any configuration.
>> Occasionally, I have to wait 10-15 minutes after boot,
>> in order to get access to IPv6 addresses.
>> Disabling NPF does not fix it.
>> I don't know much about IPv6, but on netbsd-7 it simply works.
>> Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
>>
>> % grep dhcp /etc/rc.conf
>> dhcpcd=YES
>> dhcpcd_flags="-t 0"
>> #ifconfig_wm0=dhcp
>>
>> % cat /etc/resolv.conf
>> # Generated by resolvconf
>> nameserver 192.168.1.1
>> nameserver fe80::1%wm0

Based on these nameserver addresses, I'm assuming this is a host
underneath another router you have?

If that's the case, it might be useful to wireshark or tshark the IPv6
autoconfig process for NetBSD-7 and NetBSD-8 to see what the
difference is. If you can do this from the router that is providing
the IPv6 info, even better.

It should not take 10 minutes to get an IPv6 address after boot.

Andy