On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 12:54:35PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> Aside from the inertia criteria, which is probably really what
> it is, I'd have thought a better test than "critical" would be
> "probably useful to the majority of users - particularly the
> less knowledgable".

I'd think sshd to be useful to many times more of the users - knowledgable
or otherwise - than updatedb! But sshd is required to be enabled.

I think enabling explicitly is more transparent. There can be exceptions
to this, but wonder whether updatedb is one!

As you said rightly it's more about "that's how it has always been". But
may not be a bad idea to discuss anyway.

Mayuresh