From: "Brett Lymn"
To:"Martin Husemann"
Sent:Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:50:38 +1030
Subject:Re: is powerd supposed to work any more?

 On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:29:38PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:

 > It works for me - e.g. if I press the power button on my machine
 > powerd gracefully shuts it down.

 That is good to know... it doesn't seem to work for me, when I press
the
 power button I get:

 [ 1647.780628] ACPI Error: No installed handler for fixed event -
PowerButton (2), disabling (20180810/evevent-330)

 Also, the thing that started me off on this was I don't get lid
switch
 events which is what I am really after. I want to script a few things
 when the lid opens but the script is not firing. I do have:

 [ 1.160133] acpilid0 at acpi0 (LID, PNP0C0D): ACPI Lid Switch

 in dmesg so it looks like the kernel knows about the lid switch, just
 seems like no events are delivered.

 --
 Brett Lymn
 "We are were wolves",