On Sat, Aug 10, 2019 at 09:52:31AM +0000, k...@protonmail.com wrote:

> Am I going about this all wrong?

I think so.  You need to have the pam_krb5 in the auth section.  If you
don't want to authenticate against kerberos then put pam_krb5 after
another authentication module that prompts for a password and add
"use_first_pass" to the pam_krb5 arguments that should set up the
kerberos ticket for the login.  This does ASSuME that the password
for both the other auth method and kerberos are the same which may
not be true but, really, if you have kerberos why bother with another
auth method...

--
Brett Lymn
--