On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 13:53, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI - as I mentioned it elsewhere - I modified my qemu-nvmm VMs from
> GPT slices and raw files to zvols without any problems. My next test
> would be to see if I can ISCSI-share a zvol - which should work.

It does, as expected, but is a bit slow. I tested using something
called IsMyHDOk, the resulting benchmark was 17.7; using a ZVOL
FreeNAS target over the same slowish connection I get 42.2; for
comparison on the same laptop the second rusty SATA HDD gives me
175.7, whilst the first M.2 SATA gives me  972.1.

It is in no way the right way to use iSCSI - the laptop is connected
wirelessly to an access point; the adapter clams current speed 866.7
mb/s (?), which then links to the upstairs room via a powerline
adapter, advertised az 1gb/s, but which has never given me anything
better than about 130mb/s - but then the link to the FreeNAS zvol goes
through the same route and on top of this FreeNAS is a XCP-NG guest,
whereas the NetBSD laptop is using a gigabit Ethernet to a local
switch beyond the powerline adapter...

--
----