On Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 11:54 PM Brook Milligan <br...@nmsu.edu> wrote:

> I have written a page for the NetBSD Wiki on how to build bootable ARM images
> using build.sh (see the attached PDF version).  Before I commit it, I would
> appreciate feedback regarding its clarity and completeness.  If anyone is
> willing to go through the process described, that would be ideal as a
> verification of correctness.
>
> For now, it is linked under Tutorials -> System; if there is a better
> location, please advise.

I'm not a fan of the word "concrete" in this context, and it might not
translate well to other languages.

At the end of the introduction section there is a point that says
"Install U-boot boot blocks." For clarity I might say "Install U-boot
boot blocks on build system." or add "from pkgsrc" just to try to
clarify.

Is the list of hardware supported by this method limited to what
bootblocks are available through U-boot? If that wasn't answered it
might be nice to say it.

Otherwise, good stuff. I have some ARM devices and I'm not familiar
enough with how they boot. I just get an image from somewhere, write
it, and go happily ignorant of how it actually works. I might try my
own build for the heck of it now.

Andy