On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 09:42:08 +0900, Henry wrote:

> Two questions concerning /usr/sbin/screenblank:
> 1) How do I get the text console screen to unblank/resume?  The
> defaults, keyboard and mouse activity, don't work.  I've also tried
> "-i /dev/wskbd1" and "-i /dev/wsmouse1" to no avail.  All I've been
> able to do is login over tcp and kill -9 the screenblank process.
> (Thank goodness that works.)
> 2) Once I get 1) solved, what file would be a good place to put the
> screenblank command line so that the screenblanker will start its
> countdown at the login prompt, so I don't have to login to manually
> start screenblank?

For 2) - add to your rc.conf:

  screenblank=YES
  # screenblank_flags="" # and adjust this if needed

For 1) - what is the relevant dmesg output for wscons?  Have you read
the man page?  Do the keyboard/mouse device get their mtime updated?
Etc...

Most of my netbsd machines are headless these days, so I haven't run
screenblank in a while, but I used to use it on different
architectures.

-uwe