De : Hermien Pellissier <miena....@gmail.com>
Envoyé : mardi 6 mars 2018 06:46
À : net...@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Objet : Test Spec Review Starting Today!

Hi all,

The first task of NetCAT 9.0 is starting today - test spec review!

As you probably already know, we manage all of our test specs (and test
runs) on Synergy [1]. This is now hosted on an Apache VM. :)

[1] http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/specifications

So today we are calling on all tribes to help with reviewing of these test
specs for NetCAT 9.0.

1. Tribe leaders, can you please check with your tribe members who still need
access to edit the wiki, and let us know? We are going to keep track of the
work using the Wiki, so everybody will need access.

2. Tribe leaders, please discuss with your tribe members how to divide the
work. On the wiki page [2], I have added direct links to each of the tribes on
Synergy, so that you can see the current list of test specs.

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+9.0+Test+Spec+Reviews

3. Once you have decided how to split the work, please indicate who is working
on what on the wiki page [2]. I have added a task for myself in the RCP tribe
as an example. :)

4. If there are completely new features in this release (have a look at [3]),
please consider writing brand new test spec(s) for that, and also divide up the
work.

[3]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+New+and+Noteworthy

5. If there are only minor updates to be made (spelling, grammar, formatting,
missing steps and so on), then just update the current version of the test
spec. If there changes that would make the test spec incompatible with previous
versions of the IDE, please create a copy of the test spec for NetBeans 9.0
before updating it. This usually happens when there is a change in the way that
something works.

6. While you are updating a test spec, also have a look at any comments that
may have been made during the 8.2 full testing. [4]

[4]
http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/assignment_comments/24

We are planning for beta testing to start on 19 March, so it would be great if
all test spec updates could be completed before then.

Hermien Pellissier and Jiří Kovalský
NetCAT 9.0 coordinators