On 03/10/2018 03:13 PM, Sven Reimers wrote:
> Do ypu want to take over the lead of the profiler tribe? Seems you have
> more time available to spend than I do...

Yes, I am willing to take that responsibility.

Profiler tribe: would everyone please verify that they are still able to
participate in testing?

Manikantan Narender Nath
Josh Juneau
John Kostaras
Mark Stephens
Rick Hegarty
Sven Reimers

We will need to spend a lot of effort to bring the test spec up to date
before actually testing, as the user interface has changed considerably.
The last test spec can be found here:

http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/specification/342/v/2

If you look at it and compare the current profiler UI, you will see what
I mean. Considering the amount of time we have and the focus of the 9.0
release, I think it's best if we concentrate on sections 1
(Installation) and 2 (Java SE Project), and then proceed with more
sections if there's time. It would be nice, for example, to get a test
spec for SQL query profiling, as I'm not sure many people are aware of
that feature and it could be very useful to NetBeans users.

So I'd like to ask for volunteers to work on the major portions of the
Java SE section first:

Analyze Performance (test cases 2 - 7)
Analyze Memory Usage (test cases 8 - 12)
Unit Tests (test case 13)
OutOfMemory Protection (test case 14)

I can work on Analyze Performance, since I have already started on it.
If we are lucky, some of the others may be similar to what was in the
previous spec.

Hermien, Jirka, is there anyone from Oracle who worked on the profiler
revision that we might be able to ask questions of if we get stuck?

Some information on the revised profiler can be found in the links on
this page at the old NetBeans site:

https://profiler.netbeans.org/

The new (mostly empty) test spec is here:

http://netbeans-vm.apache.org/synergy/client/app/#/specification/394/v/2

Please speak up if you don't have editing privileges.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)