Dear Apache NetBeans community,

The third, and hopefully FINAL release candidate of Apache NetBeans 12.2 is available.

This one blocker, one trivial and one documentation fix is in this release as of:

[NETBEANS-5042] Launcher can't find Java Home on MacOS BigSur -- https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2547 [NETBEANS-5043] Go to Declaration does not work in VSCode extension -- https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2548 PR-2546 End user oriented README.md and dedicated BUILD.md -- https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2546

Technically these codechanges only affects the MacOS launcher and the upcoming VS Code Extension.

I'm waiting for two positive tests from different individuals that the MacOS launcher works with BugSur and also two test that we did not break the MacOS launcher on older Mac versions.

Please reply to this mail! Once I get those, I'm going to push another set of artifacts for voting.

See the Artifacts on Jenkins: https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Netbeans/job/netbeans-TLP/job/netbeans/job/release122/19/artifact/dist/netbeans/

--

Laszlo Kishalmi
Release Manager of Apache NetBeans 12.2