On Wed, 25 Aug 2021 at 14:28, Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hopefully this can be our final beta and the voting candidate for 12.5
> can be built off the same git hash.  In particular, please test issues
> fixed between beta1 and beta2....

In chat earlier, Geertjan suggested specifically mentioning some of
the key fixes to check there, as there's rather a lot on the PR list,
and a bit confusing with all the commit messages -

Deadlock / freezes raised in NETBEANS-5740 and NETBEANS-5913 should be
fixed (caused by deadlock between Micronaut hyperlink handler,
whenever that module enabled, and test method computation)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5740
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5913

Support profiler or other StartupExtenders that use spaces in args -
eg. Profiler not working with Maven Project when installed in
path-with-spaces - (any other specific things to check / test for
regressions here?)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-2443
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5732

Gradle navigator / custom actions working again

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-5906

Groovy support - Indexing of inner classes/interfaces

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3091

Updating the frontend application template in 12.5 to work with Gradle 7.0

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/3095

Hopefully that covers the more major changes between beta1 and beta2 -
there's a range of other fixes too.

Anything anyone wants to highlight that needs testing before release,
please add / comment here.  Sorry if I've missed anything obvious.

Thanks,

Neil