From: Marcel Holtmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:42:11 +0200

> unfortunatly it is not that straight forward as I thought. The attached
> patch which modifies the Bluetooth core and the hci_usb driver is not
> working on my machine.

This probably has nothing to do with why the patch doesn't
work for you, but the transformation of "incoming" to a "u8"
from an "int" is not fully correct, because hci_sock.c
does this:

        put_cmsg(msg, SOL_HCI, HCI_CMSG_DIR, sizeof(int),
&bt_cb(skb)->incoming);

I haven't found any other problems though...

Maybe the bluetooth code was somehow depending upon the initial
value of skb->pkt_type or something like that?