From: Eric Dumazet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 23:45:27 +0200

> Please move kmem_cache_t *bind_bucket_cachep; in a better place, not
> just after spinlock_t portalloc_lock;

[ Eric, I haven't had time to respond to this thread because I'm
  in the UK for UKUUG2005 this week, so email access is sporadic]

Please use __read_mostly attribute to achieve this.

The linker can otherwise arrange the data section symbols
however it likes, and therefore placing it in some specific
spot in some C file makes no guarentees where it'll end up
in the final image.

Section attributes, such as __read_mostly, are the only way to
make guarentees about symbol placement.