On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Thomas Graf wrote:

This is not only about dial on demand but about "on demand" interfaces. We need to have a route to the device so the driver/manager/whatever can see the demand. If we disable routes on !IFF_RUNNING we don't have this route and we never see the demand. That's where the solution of deleting all routes upon carrier loss fails.

Why would an on-demand dialup device go ~IFF_RUNNING? The whole point of such a device is to /hide/ whether the physical layer is up or not.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      [EMAIL PROTECTED]       [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: