jamal writes:

 > Results:
 > --------
 >
 > kernel 2.6.11.7: 446Kpps
 > kernel 2.6.14: 452kpps
 > kernel 2.6.14 with e1000-6.2.15: 470Kpps
 > Kernel 2.6.14 with e1000-6.2.15 but rx copybreak commented out: 460Kpps

 copybreaks help you..

 > And lastly to just play with different prefetch on/off as Robert did.

 Wish we could verify with some realistic traffic load

 > Robert, I did notice some odd behavior with the latest driver - it comes
 > turned on for some reason with 802 tx and receive flow control. The
 > switch i have in the middle obeys flow control and so i was getting some
 > _very_ incosistent results until i turned it off. Example one of the
 > ethernets would be starved while the other got full traffic etc.
 > Could you verify if this was affecting your results?

 I'll noticed this too and turned flow control off too yes. Useless to have,
 it makes network debugging very hard. Much better to see packet drops at
 the systems thats not able to keep up with load. And especially now with
 6.2.15 when RX-stats counters finally is fixed. Thanks for fixing this.

 > Also - to the intel folks, any reason this behavior was made default?

 Cheers.
                                        --ro