From: Willem de Bruijn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:21:18 +0100

> true, it's not new. The reason I ended up with it was purely practical and
> even grew out of a single-module system. Streams fitted our use-case, which
> is to run code in userspace, kernelspace and on the network-card.
> Communicating across 3 environments breaks function-calling as a viable
> method -- e.g., from context-switching. It can be used as a method to
> implement stream hand-off within the kernel, ofcourse.

The stacked destination cache system we have for supporting IPSEC
(which is btw a perfect "streams" application) can be used for this
kind of task quite perfectly.  In fact it was even used to support
IPSEC offload onto a card supporting IPSEC hw assist by a set of
patches posted here about a year ago.

But you haven't even studied how the Linux networking works, so how
would you know?  I guess time is better spent reinventing the wheel.

Since you don't know, by definition you're spewing.  You don't know
the Linux networking, and therefore you don't know whether existing
mechanisms can solve your problem or not.

Is research funding that hard to obtain these days?