On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 02:25:52PM -0800, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
> Jouni Malinen wrote :
> > This is used to implement radio on/off without having to change other
> > parts of the configuration (e.g., set interfaces down).

>       The airo driver use 'txpower' for that. txpower has a 'off'
> option, and with the airo driver this disable the whole MAC, leaving
> the interface up (and 'on' revert back).

This is somewhat confusing parameter for disabling both transmit and
receive (or the whole MAC for that matter). Other than that, I don't
really have anything against using this for what the adm_status was
used as long as the 'on' option returns the previously used TX level
without user space program having to set it again. I haven't looked at
what the current drivers are doing in this case.