David S. Miller wrote:
From: Rick Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:51:14 -0800

Doesn't X semi-legitimately set TCP_NODELAY and then start sending lots of small packets? What happens to it with this ABC stuff going?

X wants the packets to go out immediately, in fact as Jim
Getty's mentioned during Van Jacobson's talk at LCA2006,
TCP_NODELAY was made specifically for X when the Nagle
changes went into the BSD stack :-)

So it is legitimate for X to expect performance? And does ABC degrade that performance the way it appears to have done to java?

rick
sometimes I like the good old days on MPE/XL where we were able to track the cwnd in units of packets rather than bytes :)