On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 11:28 PM, Or Gerlitz <gerlitz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 11:21 PM, Saeed Mahameed
> <sae...@dev.mellanox.co.il> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 7:00 PM, Ido Schimmel <ido...@mellanox.com> wrote:
>
>>> Also, why is this directed at net-next?
>
>> it is kind of new behavior, and not a bug fix.
>
> Saeed,
>
> We should be aiming to patch the driver around this issue with
> something that goes all the way back through -stable to the very 1st
> upstream kernel supporting mlx5 EN --- the operational link doesn't go
> down when instructed by the admin and this is an entry level
> requirement from Ethernet of things (such as NIC and Switch ports).

Well, this feature requires updating mlx5_ifc, which was done in
earlier patch which added disable_link_up[0x1] bit,
I think it is doable, but it will introduce a conflict that Dave might
need to solve by not taking this bit from the patch I will send to net
if we decide to do so,
are you saying that i need to drop this patch and submit it to net ?