On 05/19/2016 11:03 AM, Alexander Duyck wrote:
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.duma...@gmail.com> wrote:
With HTB qdisc, here are the numbers for 200 concurrent TCP_RR, on a host with
48 hyperthreads.

That would be a 8 % increase.

The main point of the busy lock is to deal with the bulk throughput
case, not the latency case which would be relatively well behaved.
The problem wasn't really related to lock bouncing slowing things
down.  It was the fairness between the threads that was killing us
because the dequeue needs to have priority.

Quibbledrift... While the origins of the netperf TCP_RR test center on measuring latency, I'm not sure I'd call 200 of them running concurrently a latency test. Indeed it may be neither fish nor fowl, but it will certainly be exercising the basic packet send/receive path rather fully and is likely a reasonable proxy for aggregate small packet performance.

happy benchmarking,

rick jones