On 16-08-11 08:08 PM, Cong Wang wrote:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 9:20 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com> wrote:
On 16-08-10 04:06 PM, Cong Wang wrote:

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 7:34 AM, Jamal Hadi Salim <j...@mojatatu.com>
wrote:

On 16-08-08 04:46 PM, Cong Wang wrote:

tcf_exts_exec() is the culprit - and conversion to from flexarray
to linked list in the fast problem to be specific.

Ah, this reminds me that I don't have to use flex_array, initially
I thought the tcf_exts could hold as many actions as it wants,
but actually there is a upper bound, TCA_ACT_MAX_PRIO.
IOW, a regular dynamic array is just enough here.

Yes, a regular array would be enough.

I just replaced the flex_array with a regular one, it works fine
for me too, at least no crash with all of my test cases.

No problem Cong - except we have a kernel that crashes right now.
BTW: I just thought of another test which uses a different code
path
# add a policer rule
sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k drop
#dump rules..
sudo $TC -s actions ls action police

I tested a lot more this time.
Good news: performance regression now resolved.
Some bad news - there's still one more oops:

sudo $TC actions add action police rate 1kbit burst 90k drop index 1

note how i explicitly specified the index.
If i leave out the index, all works fine. I'll continue to see
if there are any other issue for the next while and will email.
I think you are close so  I will also make small comments on the
patches because you are going to make another update.

cheers,
jamal