James Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006, Patrick McHardy wrote:
>

>>>Not sure what you mean: it will cause ip_conntrack to be loaded, which
>>>is needed when you specify the track flag.
>>

>>Yes, but the reason why it is loaded is because the module loader needs
>>to resolve the symbol, not because of anything done at module runtime.
>

> Am I missing something?  This is what I want to happen.  If you specify
> SECMARK --track,  ip_conntrack is to be loaded.

But if you don't specify --track, the module loader will still have to
resolve the symbol, so it gets loaded anyway, before your code will
even run. Just look at need_conntrack():

/* Some modules need us, but don't depend directly on any symbol.
   They should call this. */
void need_conntrack(void)
{
}